Having at home a tool that allows us to take out the water that we will consume daily easily and quickly is essential. Especially for those who love to be practical and have little time to fill the jugs, then you should purchase a water cooler dispenser.
In the market today, you will find manual or electric water coolers, and in most cases, they are used for large amounts of water. However, some models come for five or fewer liters. Everything depends on your needs.
To help you buy one product that fits your wishes and also is of quality, we have handpicked a list of the best water coolers.
9 Best Water Cooler Dispenser
1. Costway 2-in-1 Water Cooler Dispenser – Best for The Cool Design
The Costway 2-in-1 Water Cooler Dispenser will allow anyone to have at their disposal a good amount of liquid at the perfect temperature whenever they want, without having to store a bottle in the refrigerator or pour ice.
If you are looking for the best way to always have fresh water at your disposal without having to wait to cool the bottles in the fridge or use ice, this dispenser can be an excellent option for you.
The capacity of 4 liters of cool and 5 liters of hot water per hour makes it possible to cover the daily needs of an average family.
- Sleek Stylish Design: The elegant design makes your home or office more classy and fashionable.
- Built-in Ice Maker: You don’t need to buy a refrigerator to get ice. All you need to do is press the “ice” button and wait for around 10 minutes. It automatically stops working when there is full ice inside. It can produce up to 27 lbs per day.
- Tri-Temp Water Cooling system: Simply press the red button (for hot), the white (for room temperature), and the blue (for cold water).
- Security Lock for children: Costway Ice Maker & Water Cooler Dispenser comes with a safety lock, preventing your kids from getting burnt by the hot water.
- User-friendly control panel: Look at the five indicator lights, and you will be clear about the dispenser’s operation status.
- Detachable Drip Tray: The drip tray helps prevent water spilling. Also, it is removable for effortless cleanup.
The least favorable aspect of this model is that it makes a bit of noise in the process of cooling the water. It’s really nothing that bothers you too much, and it’s not heard unless you’re around, but you have to take it into account.
- Elegant and compact design, ensuring it does not take up too much space.
- Comfortable and simple to use, with lights that indicate when it’s on or off.
- Great inside ice storage capacity can be enough for the whole day.
- Removable tray that lets you clean and maintain the dispenser without difficulty.
- The fan to cool the water makes a bit of noise when it starts to work.
2. Primo Water Cooler Dispenser + Pet Station – Best for Cutie Pets
It is essential that our body absorbs enough water throughout the day, and so do your furry friends. However, this can be a challenging task because you might not be at home most of the day.
Even your cats or dogs can drink stale water, which often drives pet owners worried. That is where Pet Station comes in. Not only for all family members but also your pets stay hydrated.
The ease of installation of the Primo Water Cooler Dispenser + Pet Station is one of its significant advantages compared to other models.
Thanks to its dimensions (11.8 x 11.8 x 41.1 inches), we will be able to place it almost anywhere without disturbing it. Also, the advanced flex design allows you to install the pet bowl dish in front or on either side of the water dispenser.
The only issue of Pet Station is that it does not provide room-temperature water.
- Pure water for pets: To dispense water directly into your pet bowl, merely press the “paw” button.
- Removable pet bowls: Replacing and cleaning pet water containers can’t be easier.
- Led light at night: Even in the dark, you can easily define where the dispense is to have a frosty glass of water.
- Non-toxic materials and stainless steel protect you fully.
- Water spills proof: You don’t have to worry about dropping water in case of your rug is damaged thanks to spill-proof bottle holder.
- Compact and lightweight
- Fast water cooling & heating system
- Tastier water for your pets in a short time
- No spilling or dripping
- There is no room-temperature water.
3. Avalon A1 Top Loading Cooler Dispenser – Best for Energy Saving
The Avalon A1 is a significant breakthrough with plenty of innovations. The user-friendly paddle spouts make it much easier to use.
To let the water flow out, press against the paddle. The highly efficient compressor machines remain cold water at around 47′ F without adding any ice cubes to your beverage.
The hot setting is hot enough (around 185′ F) to make tea or coffee. The manufacturer has also added a child security lock to the hot faucet to keep your kids safe.
Besides, this water dispenser has received Ul and meets all Energy Star standards, meaning it won’t consume a lot of energy.
Next, it is ideal to have Avalon A1 at home. Its size is somewhat smaller than that of other models, and its elegant and ergonomic design does not occupy too much space.
When using Avalon A1, users might not drink room-temperature water immediately because this setting is not available.
- Stainless steel material for a longer time of use and better health protection.
- The amazingly slim design makes Avalon A1 fit in the corner of your house.
- Save electricity
- Safe for children
- No room-temperature water.
4. Primo Bottom Loading Water Cooler – Easy Cleanup
This Primo Bottom Loading Water dispenser meets elegant design and convenience. With push-button controls, this water cooler provides instant access to sizzling or ice-cold water.
Merely place the drip tray and load a 20-liter bottle without plumbing or installing. The most advanced dispensing system always ensures that you’re drinking water of high quality.
Start to drink more water with the highly-rated energy star bottom-load water dispenser right now!
Since Primo 601088 belongs to the bottom-load type, you can’t see remaining amount of water.
- Hot water includes a safety feature that is child-resistant to inadvertent incidents.
- If desired, cooling and heating functions can be switched off.
- The design of the bottom load get rids of the possibility of flipping when you’re loading water.
- Inside the cabinet, bottles are hidden for a nicer look.
- Removable drip tray for easy cleaning
- 1-year warranty
- Easy cleanup
- No water spilling
- Nice design
- Difficult to see whether the dispenser is running out of water.
5. Primo Stainless Steel 1 Spout – Best for Budget
When you look for Primo Stainless Steel 1 Spout, you might see a lot of similarities between this product and Primo 601088 Black 2 Spout Bottom Load dispenser.
To be specific,
- Two temperature settings: hot and cold
- Child security lock
- Removable tray
- Stainless steel materials
- Bottom loading design
- No plumbing needed
- 1-year Warranty
- Get UL certification and Energy Star rates.
The main difference here is the 1 and 2 spout. Even with only one spout, Primo Stainless Steel still fully meets your satisfaction with hot, lukewarm, or cold water.
Also, the most excellent value of Primo 1 Spout might be the Self-Sanitizing feature that makes use of non-poisonous ozone to sanitize water lines.
Nonetheless, like other bottom-load products, it might take time to check the water amount.
- Stylish design
- No water-dropping
- Compact and lightweight
- Take time to check if the cooler runs out of water.
6. Avalon A5BOTTLELESS A5 Self Cleaning Bottleless Water Cooler Dispenser – Best for durability
Currently, Avalon A5 is one of the best-sellers on Amazon. Why is that? – It’s due to a bunch of benefits it brings.
- Tri-temp push-button faucet makes it easy to serve hot, cold water, and room temperature.
- This product has a safety lock on the hot water spout for the whole family to use without worries.
- 100% stainless steel cold and hot deposits protect the purity and taste of the water, and the unit’s longevity as well.
- LED indicators to allow you to see at a glance if the refrigerator is activated or deactivated and whether heating or cooling.
- This water dispenser is bottle-less, reducing the cost of regular water purchases, eliminating the strain of lifting bottles, and getting rid of unwanted spills.
- The self-cleaning ozone feature purifies and sanitizes the coolers to prevent harmful bacteria from accumulating over time.
The most unfavorable point that we can attribute to this machine is that in the first uses the water has a slight plastic flavor. In any case, it ends up disappearing completely, but if you want to accelerate this process, it is best to fill it up and empty it several times.
- Tri-tem faucet
- High durability
- Unpleasant smell in the first days.
7. Comfee Countertop Mini Water Cooler Dispenser – Compact Design
It will be a big miss if we don’t mention Comfee Countertop Mini Water Cooler Dispenser. A glass of fresh cool water every morning will make your whole day more energetic and productive.
- There are two temperature selections (Cold and Room temperature)
- Small size fits on the countertop of your kitchen
- A multi-layer filter helps eliminate chlorine, rust, and unpleasant odors then enhance the water taste.
- Smart Button with advanced touching technology makes it easier to use.
The only disadvantage is it has unpleasant smells in the first days, so you should pre-cleaning carefully before using.
- Nice water taste
- Suitable for narrow space
- Easy-to-install and friendly-user
- As usual in these appliances, you need a pre-cleaning to make a certain plastic aftertaste disappear.
8. Avalon Countertop Self Cleaning Bottleless Water Cooler – Best for Healthy Water
Standing in eighth place is Avalon Countertop Self Cleaning Bottleless Dispenser.
This water cooler is bottle-less with an activated carbon filter certified by NSF and a water line sediment filter that can be attached to your source of water.
Water is taken from your source and filtered through the filter to remove any lead, harmful bacteria, rust, and chlorine. There is also an integrated leak detector to monitor the water flow from the source of water into the machine automatically.
The creators have incorporated a self-clean ozone function which, by pressing a switch, will automatically clean the water tank of the machine with ozone injection. What’s more, an integrated night light makes the water spouts in the dark visible.
Obviously, there are so many good points in one affordable unit. However, installing this device is not a piece of cake, so it will take time to read its user manual instruction in advance thoroughly.
- Automatically cleanup
- Automatically leak detecting
- Easy to see at night
- Difficult to install the device
9. Clover D1 Hot and Cold Countertop Bottleless Water Dispenser – Best for Safety
Standing last in the list but surely worth every penny is Clover D1 Hot and Cold Countertop Bottleless Dispenser.
What can you get from this?
- Economic: This Clover D1 cooler saves you hundreds per year without the use of plastic bottles. Instead, the source directly comes from your plumbing for clean water.
- User-friendly: Push faucets to get frosty water.
- Safety: Hot Water Guard for everyone.
- Convenient: At the height of 17.2 “, this cooler fits under all corners.
- Sweeter taste: thanks to the Stainless steel repository.
Despite a plethora of advantages, Clover D1 only is the cooler. It does not have any built-in filter.
- Save energy and water
- Compact design
- It does not include any built-in filter.
Various Types of Water Cooler Dispensers
If you are looking for a freshwater dispenser to place in your home or workplace, you will find many different models, each with its own characteristics.
Thus, it is convenient to have some ideas of what types exist and the particularities of each one so that the choice can fit your needs.
Currently, there are three main types of dispensers: bottom-load, top-load, and countertop.
As for the bottom-load coolers, the water jug will be concealed, so it is often a good solution for an office or more professional workplaces. Also because the container is placed at the bottom, you won’t have to lift and turn it upside down as the top-load type.
Moreover, this type prevents water from spilling even in case of a damaged bottle. With all the above benefits, the price of the bottom-load is often higher than others.
When using this type, you have to lift the water bottle and turn it upside down. Even though this type is not aesthetically lovely as the bottle isn’t kept out of sight, it helps users observe the amount of water.
What’s next, compared to its counterparts, the top-load dispenser is more affordable, allowing anyone to own at least one at home.
If your kitchen is not enough for a large dispenser, then purchasing a countertop cooler is not a bad solution. You not only enjoy the cold or hot water but make use of any corner of your home as well.
Although it does not look classy as the others, it is really lightweight, handy, and practical.
Compelling Benefits of Investing In a Water Cooler Dispenser
a) Better Water Taste
Many people fail to hydrate themselves due to the unpleasant taste of the water.
However, when you buy a water cooler, filtered water will have a better feeling, and more importantly, you won’t be exposed to potentially noxious influences.
b) Easy to Use
Most of the water coolers are convenient to use. All you need to do is push the corresponding buttons.
Even children from 10 years old, can utilize this device without no trouble.
These devices are suitable for almost any space, no matter whether it is the office of any company, a clinic, or a kitchen of a private house.
The existence of the dispenser inside your kitchen will always remind you not to forget to drink water.
d) Electricity And Time Saving
When using water coolers, you can save both electricity and water. Water coolers require significantly less power for their work.
Some Important Things to Keep in Mind
This purchasing guide will help you get to know these devices better depending on their capacity, safety feature, ease of use, and construction.
A dispenser for your family with four or five persons is undoubtedly different from one for an office with up to 10 employees. Therefore, knowing the storage capacity is essential.
Most people think that it is an excellent choice to select a product whose capacity is great. In this way, you don’t have to waste much time filling up and replacing the water container.
However, if the capacity is much higher than your needs, then it takes you lots of time to use up the amount of water.
b) Safety Feature
Some might think this characteristic is not critical. Nonetheless, if your family has several children, the dispenser that includes a safety feature is a must.
As you know, lights and items with buttons often catch children’s attraction. So don’t let your kids get hurt due to your carelessness.
c) Ease of Use
The third feature that you should pay attention to before picking out a dispenser for your home is the ease of use. Surely, nobody wants to spend hours figuring out how it works. It must be user-friendly so that they can determine how to use it at ease.
Another characteristic that should be taken into account is the materials. A suitable dispenser should be made of materials that are highly resistant to last for a very long time.
Currently, plastic is predominant. In some cases, it is replaced by glass, which is more resistant but also makes the device much heavier. Besides, some advanced models use stainless steel for their construction.
How To Maintain Water Cooler Dispenser?
Here are some simple steps to keep your water dispenser in good condition, clean, and without breakdowns.
a) Clean the Dust
It sounds obvious, but many times we forget to clean the powder from the water dispenser in our office. Passing a simple cloth can help keep the machine clean.
The small gestures of basic hygiene are the key to avoiding breakdowns with adequate maintenance. As simple as that!
b) Avoid Aggressive Cleaning Products
Avoid cleaning the dispenser with aggressive or corrosive cleaning products. Being plastic, the best way to clean the water source is to wet a cloth with a little water. In this way, it is enough to keep it in perfect condition.
c) When in Doubt, Change the Piece
The pieces that are in contact with the carafe are better to replace than to fix them. In case of having any problem, it is advisable to ask for changing the affected parts, in this way we maintain total hygiene in the water, in a more comfortable way.
d) Call a Professional Service
In case of any problem with the dispenser, the tap, or the cooling system, we must call a team of professionals to repair it. This type of problem is infrequent, but given the case, this is the best way to proceed.
In this aspect, the water dispensers are handy and appreciated by the customers because we do not have to worry about anything, since the service of professionals of the companies takes care of everything, being able to focus on our tasks in the office.
Although the breakdowns in the water dispensers are minimal (practically non-existent), there may be a problem with our water source, so it is always good to have some basic notions about the operation of the dispenser.
We hope that these five tips have helped you to avoid breakdowns or problems, as well as to know what to do if you need a repair.
Many people might curious about how bottom-load water coolers work. So how do they work around the clock to give you fresh water?
As you might expect, there is a different design in the bottom load dispensers. They usually incorporate an assembly of a probe, which is within the cabinet. It is what connects the bottle to the pump, making transport to the hot or cold water tanks easier.
At the same time, a hanger is usually also included in the unit construction. It keeps the assembly of the probe clean during the bottle change process.
Most noticeably, however, the essential role lies in the pump’s efficiency, which is responsible for the actual water transfer.
How to Cleanse The Dispenser To ensure you enjoy good, healthy water
Keep your water dispenser clean at all times. It will prevent the build-up of unwanted bacteria. In this regard, what you have to do is follow a range of guidelines. First, unplug the cooler and remove the empty bottle.
The baffle and lid must be removed from the reservoir. You can add about 3 cups of hot water and 1 cup of vinegar for better effects. You should also wipe the reservoir’s inner surface using a clean cloth.
You should also drain the tank through the taps at the same time. Usually, inside the dishwasher, you can place the valves, which is time-efficient and practical. You should then at least rinse the reservoir twice, fill it with water and drain it through the faucets.
Your water dispenser should be sanitized every six months or depending on the manufacturer’s specifications. It is also a good idea to check the guidelines of the manufacturer on this issue.
Does A Water Dispenser Filter The Water?
For easy access to drinking water, you can use a water cooler or an instant hot water dispenser.
They do not have the function of filtering the water. However, you will have to buy filtered water in this direction, or consider investing in a filter, which is undoubtedly a sensible investment.
You can connect your water dispenser directly to a water line, for example, depending on the unit you buy.
In order to ensure that the water you drink is free of contaminants and other similar components, you might prefer to consider getting a water filter.
Meanwhile, if you were to choose bottled water, you’re sure to filter and purify the water inside.