What is the Best Propane Powered Generator for Home? People experience various challenges during poor weather such as storms, or when trying to work in remote areas. An excellent example of a challenge would be power outages that can easily compromise your daily routine.
However, with products such as the best propane generator for home, you will have reliable power for your needs. These are sustainable power supply solutions, and most of them come with excellent safety features.
We take a look at some of the best generator brands in this category and the critical features to look out for:
Best Propane Powered Generator for Home
DuroMax XP2200EH Dual Fuel Portable Inverter Generator
Enjoy quality power when you have the DuroMax XP2200EH Dual Fuel Portable Generator. It comes with a powerful 79cc air-cooled motor that makes it the ideal solution for power outages. Plus, the generator starts easy thanks to the high-quality spark ignition.
With dual-fuel technology, this unit can function on both propane and gasoline. It has a starting watt level of 2,200 watts, and a running watt level of 1,800 watts. So, you have sufficient power for a small fridge, your laptops and phones.
The motor in this unit acquires power from the powerful and efficient DuroMax MX2 technology. So, you have optimal control from each of the 120-volt receptacles that you will find on the control panel.
Similar to all Duromax generators, the XP2200EH has CARB and EPA compliance for all states in the country. Such compliance means that the generator won’t produce any harmful emissions during operation.
The Duromax brand has included a powerful Dual Fuel system that ensures you have the right options for power.
- Features a powerful 79cc air-cooled engine.
- It comes with dual-fuel technology for convenience.
- Offers 2,200 starting watts and 1,800 running watts.
- Equipped with Duromax MX2 technology for optimal power.
- Could provide better motor noise management functions.
Champion 3400-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator
Put a stop to any power supply complications you face when you get the Champion 3400 Portable Inverter Generator.
The 3400-watt portable generator is easy to use right out of the box. It’s all thanks to unique technologies such as the dual fuel motor that offers optimal flexibility. More so, the generator can hold 0.6 quarts of oil, and it also features a low oil shut-off sensor for convenience.
With its unique electric start and three-position ignition switches, starting this unit is a breeze. The inverter is also available with a high-capacity battery that ensures years of reliable performance. You will also enjoy using the quick touch panel that gives you access to controls in a single spot.
Operating at 59dBA, this generator is close to silent in operation. The unique electric start is available with a battery and Cold Start Technology. Thus, you will find it easy to start the generator even in cold weather.
The high-end generator is convenient because you can connect your sensitive electronics to it with optimal confidence. There is a well-positioned control panel, which you will use to customize the functions of this generator.
- Dual fuel generator with a 3400-watt capacity rating.
- It has a convenient electric start and three-position switch.
- It comes with a quick touch panel for ease of use.
- Offers ultra-quiet operation and sound levels of 59 dBA.
- The anti-skid feet on this unit are prone to damage.
DuroMax XP5500EH Electric Start-Camping & RV Ready
Enjoy the convenience of a generator by trying out the Duromax XP5500EH RV-ready generator. It can handle heavy loads, including fridges, air conditioners, high-power tools, and more. Furthermore, the dual-fuel technology means that this unit can run on both propane and gasoline.
Thanks to the Duromax 224cc OHV engine, you are sure of optimal power for various jobs. These include powering high voltage appliances and heavy-duty power tools as well. Thanks to the inclusion of MX2 technology, you can enjoy optimal power from each of the 120-volt receptacles.
You have the option of running this unit using the 120V and 240V receptacles at the same time. Or, you can choose to run it at 120V only, with full power.
The generator can provide 5,500 starting watts and 4,500 running watts, making it ideal for various loads. More so, the power panel on this unit features multiple outlets for optimal compatibility. These include a 120V household GFCI outlet and a 30A twist-lock outlet.
For added convenience, this unit even has a voltmeter and convenient 12V DC charging post. These ports make it easy to charge your batteries and to keep track of the power supply process.
- Offers 5,500 starting watts and 4,500 running watts.
- It has a powerful 224cc OHV engine for high-quality power.
- Equipped with a fully-featured control panel.
- Could use a handle with better ergonomics for comfort.
Champion Power Equipment 76533 4750/3800-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready
Discover the excellence of the Champion Power Equipment Dual Fuel Generator. It comes with a powerful 3800-watt portable motor, perfect for various types of sensitive devices. The Champion Power 76533 can hold 0.6 quarts of oil, and it also features a low oil shut-off mechanism.
Power up the 224cc Champion engine using the convenient toggle switch, and there is a battery included for convenience. Thanks to the IntelliGauge system, you can keep track of various metrics. These include the voltage, hertz, run-time hours, and more. Furthermore, the dynamic system also makes it easy for you to track the power output and determine maintenance intervals.
The Dual Fuel Generator will operate at 68dbBA from 23ft and provide run times of over 9 hours on a full tank. With a 20lb propane tank, expect up to 11 hours of run time. You will be pleased with the Volt Guard, which works to protect your sensitive devices from damage.
Furthermore, the inclusion of Cold Start technology makes it easy for you to start the generator even in cold weather. Thanks to the heavy-duty steel frame and folding handle, your unit is safe from high impact forces or falls.
- Powerful 3800 portable generator with 224cc engine.
- It comes with a convenient toggle switch and battery.
- The IntelliGauge system provides accurate information.
- It has a trust-volt guard that protects against power surges.
- Slightly heavy than most other generator brands.
Westinghouse WH2200iXLT Super Quiet Portable Inverter Generator
Experience the convenience of owning a convenient power supply unit when you have the Westinghouse WH2200iXLT Inverter Generator. It’s a reliable and easy-to-use portable inverter that provides you with access to various unique features. Whether it’s for tailgating, camping, home projects, or even power backup, the generator is highly reliable.
Designed to be compact and easy to transport than most generators, this unit is your go-to power supply solution. Thanks to the powerful 70cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV engine, this unit can provide excellent peak and running watts. These are excellent power supply benefits from the dual 120-volt household outlet and the single DC power outlet.
Plus, the generator also weighs only 43lbs, and it has an in-built carrying handle for ease of portability. The generator also operates at levels as low as 52dBa, which won’t invade the silence in your space. Producing less than 3% THD, this unit is safe to use for various types of electronics.
These include entertainment systems, tablets, computers, LCD TVs, and more. You can even pair two WH2200iXLT so that you can enjoy double the power and fuel efficiency. Similar to all Westinghouse generators, this unit has a heavy-duty design that guarantees longevity.
- It will only produce 52DBa of sound.
- It weighs 43lbs and can provide quality electricity.
- Suitable for various types of sensitive devices.
- Produces less than 3% THD levels.
- Takes a lot of time to get used to the complex control panel.
How to Buy the Best Propane Generator for Home
Before buying a propane generator for your home, it’s good to consider a few features that will be useful. A few of the common ones include
- Watts and motor power – for watts, check the running and starting watts of the generator. For both values, anything above 1500watts should suffice. For the motor, opt for the OHV types that surpass the 70cc level.
- Ease of use – consider generators that come with easy-to-use features, such as LCD screens and ergonomic handles. Plus, check the weight of your given generator.
- Physical construction – the generator should be compact without compromising its structure and durability. It should not mind getting tossed around in your trunk.
- Power quality – ensure you choose a generator that will provide clean power for your sensitive electronics at home.
Making good choices is essential when you want to address any issues such as power outages on your property. Many are increasingly seeking sustainable power solutions, so we recommend the best propane-powered generator for home guide.
When you have one of these units with you, panicking during power outages will be a thing of the past. You will be comfortable working at remote job sites, during stormy weather, or even spending days at a secluded campsite.